Some cool prototype machine images:
USCM M246HB Autocannon
Image by enigmabadger
Standard issue heavy machine gun of the US Colonial Marine forces, the M246HB Autocannon features an integrated auto-targeting system and fires caseless 25mm rounds. The M246HB can be deployed both in an tripod-mounted, infantry-support role or a secondary weapon of the
medium M22A3 Jackson, light M34A2 Longstreet, and M40 Ridgway heavy tanks.
Just a fun combination of BrickArms modular items I created awhile back that seemed to fit the Vietnam-era-but-still-quasi-futuristic look of the USCM!
Useless Machine – prototype 2
Image by Solarbotics
More Useless Machine prototypes. No, clear acrylic doesn’t look good!
Berlin – Deutsches Technikmuseum Berlin – Berliner Maschinenbau BR 17008 03
Image by Daniel Mennerich
The Prussian Class S 10 included all express train locomotives in the Prussian state railways that had a 4-6-0 wheel arrangement. There were four sub-classes: the S 10, S 10.1 (with 1911 and 1914 variants) and S 10.2.
As a result of the lack of powerful express locomotives in the first decade of the 20th century, the Prussian state railways ordered the Class S 10 locomotives from Schwartzkopff. This engine was an evolutionary development of the passenger train locomotive, the Prussian P 8, which can be seen from the similarity in their locomotive frames. Unlike the P 8, however, the S 10—inspired by the Saxon XII H—had a four-cylinder engine with simple expansion.
Between 1910 and 1914 a total of 202 locomotives were built. The two prototypes were initially designated as S 8 class and only reclassified in 1912 to S 10. The Lübeck-Büchen Railway took delivery of five similar, albeit somewhat less powerful, machines that they also designated as the S 10.
Over the course of time several modifications were made. In the end the S 10 proved to be worse than the S 101, a four-cylinder compound locomotive in terms of both steam and coal consumption and was one of the most uneconomical Prussian locomotives.
The Deutsche Reichsbahn took over 135 locomotives into its Class 17.0-1 and gave them the running numbers 17 001–135. They were retired by 1935, however, due to their high fuel consumption. Only three examples (17 039, 102 and 107) survived the Second World War, as braking locomotives. The last S 10 was retired in 1954.
Number 17 008 has been sectioned and is on display in the German Museum of Technology in Berlin .
The S 10s were coupled with tenders of classes pr 2’2′ T 21.5 and pr 2’2′ T 31.5.